Versions: Effective Date: July 1, 2016
Key Privacy Points
- Your survey data is owned by you. Not only that, but SurveyMonkey treats your surveys as if they were private (except if you have made the surveys available via a public link). We don’t sell them to anyone and we don’t use the survey responses you collect for purposes unrelated to you or our services, except in a limited set of circumstances (e.g. if we are compelled by a subpoena, or if you’ve given us permission to do so).
- We safeguard respondents’ email addresses. To make it easier for you to invite people to take your surveys via email, you may upload lists of email addresses, in which case SurveyMonkey acts as a mere custodian of that data. We don’t sell these email addresses and we use them only as directed by you and in accordance with this policy. The same goes for any email addresses collected by your surveys.
- We hold your data securely. Read our Security Statement for more information.
- Surveys are administered by Big Data Poll. Survey creators at PPD Ventures LLC conduct tens of thousands of surveys each day using our services. We host the surveys on our websites and collect the responses that you submit to the survey creator.
- Are your responses anonymous? This depends on how the survey creator has configured the survey.